2.05.2012

The Project

For my digital media class I needed to do a community project and document it in some way. After a lot of contemplating I decided I was going to work with the Miami-Dade Animal Services and take photographs of the animals. At first I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do with my photos, but I finally decided to make it into a book (along with a blog) with some possible stories of the animals, their names, and if they get adopted, the adoption stories. Also another possibility is showing them before and after; before being locked up in a cage, and after outside enjoying human contact. I decided for my first book I will focus on the animals in their cages. I am thinking of titling it something like "Behind The Chain Linked Fence." It will show people how many dogs are locked up because of us and how sad and lonely they look. I will still include theirs names and ID numbers though. I will be trying to raise money for the shelter by selling the books.

Sassy #A1412495

I am planning on carrying this out for as long as I can, because my passion is animals and I've always wanted to work with them somehow in my career, so photographing them in a shelter is a great way to start! Plus, it helps them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment